Our next exciting project will be to produce the Religious Humanist podcast. This will consist of 20-30 minute high quality episodes released weekly, with the following rotation of episodes:
1) Sermons: Humanist sermons teaching life-skills and drawing illustrations from science and culture;
2) History: Interviews that explore the history of religion and related topics;
3) Science: Interviews on the science of religion and religious experience;
4) Scripture: Literary reviews of books and other media focusing on how they can inspire and motivate, thus functioning as scripture; and
5) Prophets: Spotlighting of activists who are making the world better in innovative, sustainable ways–our generation’s prophets.
Our most ambitious goal is to work toward the establishment of Religious Humanist Denominations. Yes, we are talking about actual buildings with real life communities. We will initially develop four:
*Note: These images simply represent approximations to evoke some idea of what these denominations could be like; click on the links to learn more.